NEW KA2 Project
The economic crisis and the conflicts spread in the Middle East and western Africa in early 2017, caused an increase without precedent in the migration flows toward the EU, modifying or destabilizing the socio-cultural order. The more and more the newcomers are easy victims of nationalist populism that abuses the migration flows nourishing campaign of popular hate against the migrants watching at the phenomena in a simplistic way and drawing the EU to a phase of intolerance and closing.In this scenario, the web and the ICT can play a fundamental role as means to fight against the racism and to promote the culture of diversity, exploiting their capacity to be spread and “viral”.
The proposal “ICT for Social Inclusion” is meant to be an exchange of good practices aimed at creating a solidarity international network where spreading ideas and practices (linked to video, social and online technologies) of promotion of intercultural dialogue.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES: Improved in youth workers the capacity of realize and react to social and cultural diversities in their field of action.
1.1 Trained the youth workers on new practices and skills to tackle the discriminations;
1.2 Trained the youth workers on participatory approaches and innovative methodologies of social inclusion based on the ICT
1.3 Activated the youth workers as intercultural “ambassadors”.
The proposal – acting on youth workers – is meant to create and generate positive impact on the young persons (migrants and Europeans) and on society – trying to exploit the opportunities that come from the capacity of spread and the power of attraction that the ICT have on the young persons
– in order to enhance the different cultures and to prevent the growth of sterile prejudices and stereotypes.
The proposal provides the involvement of 4 participants for each partner, for a total amount of 20 young persons with experience in the field of social inclusion and digital technologies. Among these, at least one is meant to show fewer opportunities in terms of economic and geographic
disadvantages, with the following requirements:
- Previous experiences in the field of youth working;
- Willingness to learn new and innovative approaches of involvement of disadvantages persons through non formal education;
- Willingness to get involved to know and to face the other EU partners.
The proposal foresees the implementation of two Transnational Meeting and one Training Course, to be held in Italy.
The activities are based on non-formal education and the participants and partners will be stimulated in the implementation of concrete outputs:
– 1 youth workers’ toolkit, containing:
- 1 participatory video;
- 1 guidelines about how to implement a participatory video
- At least 3 activities based on non-formal education in order to promote the intercultural dialogue in the schools and youth;
- 1 mind map on the causes of discriminations
– 1 awareness campaign against the ethnic discimiantion, including a contest foto-video (to be launched in the dissemination phase);
– Dissemination activities to promote the project results in schools and youth centres.
The proposal is meant to contribute to get the participants active citizens, aware of the challenges that the world introduces and eager to make themselves responsible for them, opening a space of
discussion in which stimulating the youth workers’ critical thinking and their capacity to react in innovative ways to the challenges they face everyday.
Moreover, we think that the activities in the schools and youth centers, can contribute to nurture – in the young persons and stakeholders – their capacity to think different, to avoid the superficial ways to judge what it cannot be understood. In this way we think to react and tackle the prejudice and stereotype that are causes of discriminatory episodes: the impact that we expect in young persons is about a change of perspective, a comprehension of the diversity, seen as a richness and not just like a burden.
Project Number: 2018-1-IT03-KA205-013125