PIC number: 940 477 275
C.I.P. Citizens In Power (CIP) is an independent non-profit, non-governmental organization. CIP aims at the development of different ramifications of entrepreneurship, education and democratic dialogue in Cyprus and abroad. To achieve those targets CIP has established an on-going collaboration with the majority of Cypriot leading universities, NGOs and research organizations in Cyprus, especially for the development of innovative projects and international trainings or seminars as well as for the deployment of pedagogical educational material, by primarily using web platforms and other technological innovations.
Simultaneously, CIP retains a valuable network of professional trainers and educational experts experienced with both formal and non-formal education. This network is being considered competent to contribute to the implementation of activities, related to the initiatives of the organization and its partners.
More specifically, CIP aims at (i) increasing the employability of citizens through entrepreneurship education and practical experience; (ii)supporting and training members of local and international networks in numerous ways, such as the exchange of information, good practices, experiences and ideas in different sectors and fields, including entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship, agribusiness and agriculture, culture, education, technology, social innovation and public policy; (iii)collaborating with the relevant stakeholders to promote research activity on the aforementioned fields of specialization, setting as a general target to maintain the modernization of teaching; (iv) organizing structured dialogs with decision makers and citizens.
In parallel, CIP provides assistance and services in the field of education and economic and social development, whilst promoting and offering consulting and training services which are mostly interwoven with the field of entrepreneurship and social economy to organizations and individuals. The organization also offers informal qualifications as well as vocational education and training through forums, publications, conferences/seminars, networking, collaborations with other institutions and other such activities. Furthermore CIP organizes ‘open information days’ in order to inform young people about the possibilities of the ‘youth entrepreneurship scheme’, a program which is co-funded by EU and Cyprus government. As a result, fifteen of CIP’s participants have been successfully consulted by members of the organization to fund their business plan in previous youth entrepreneurship schemes.
During its five years of contribution, CIP has implemented a considerable number of national and EU projects, with a focus on entrepreneurship and employment, whilst paying special attention to the certification of informal qualifications. The organization has also participated in a large number of ‘ERASMUS+ activities, both as partner and leader; therefore has gained all the required experience and know-how in order to be able to implement and accomplish such projects in an effective way. In the context of the projects that have already been materialized, CIP has contributed to a large number of studies and research activities, workshops, conferences and meetings, by simultaneously introducing innovative tools in a number of fields.
CIP’s staff has been trained in Cyprus and abroad in order to promote and develop different ramifications of entrepreneurship, culture and education in EU, thus being able to facilitate and coordinate high profile projects,conferences and trainings abroad.
Another important priority of CIP’s staff is to contribute to the modernization of teaching methods across EU; accordingly, CIP has been specializing in the implementation of e-learning platforms/Learning Management Systems (LMS). The organization designs solutions in the field of educational technology that meet the needs of the learners, whilst its specialized staff can construct 3D on-line tools, game engines software and applications for educational purposes.
The organization’s staff includes Researchers on the field of education as well as technicians specialized in Computer Animation, augmented and virtual reality, 3D animation, game engineering, Motion Graphics and Compositing, Computer Engineering and Informatics.
CIP’s projects are organized under the management umbrella of four main departments:
(A) Department of Entrepreneurship
(B) Department of Global Education
(C) Department of New Technologies and Innovation
(D) Department of Cultural and Humanitarian Affairs
CIP additional aims are
- To cover and defend the needs, rights and needs of all young people in Cyprus and abroad, mainly through participation in the democratic and political processes.
- To bridge the gap due to different origins, language, history, culture and religion.
- Seek to reduce racial disparities and marginalization, through volunteer contribution.
- To assist in the realization of the common European identity and to provide a means for engaging in any opportunities provided by the European Union.
- To organize young people to become a strong team of active citizens from different economic, legal, educational, social, religious, national, cultural and share the same vision: equal and fair opportunities in lifelong learning, health and the opportunity to enjoy a healthy environment.
- To promote
- youth participation in elections
- requirements of young people
- communication between political officials and citizens on issues affecting young people and society in general
- involve more young people in politics and democracy
- the fair and equal representation of men and women in decision-making processes (Parliament, local authorities, etc.) and generally in all sectors of society and business.
- To promote increased participation of young people average volunteer work
- Environmental protection
- The promotion of green growth
- The promotion and modernization of teaching
- The promotion of research and creativity
- Promotion and development of new technologies
- Support cross culture communication and people belonging to minorities.
- Cooperation with other institutions and non-governmental bodies.
- Human Rights Defenders by the resolutions of the UN and other bodies of the European Union.
- To help reduce unemployment and simultaneously increase the employability of young people through education, practical experience and generally improve their skills.
- To assist in the promotion and implementation of partnerships to achieve diversity, solidarity, innovation, creativity, compassion.
- To help engage in various voluntary social activities at local and international level.
- Alleviate the poor.
- Promotion of education
- Other purposes which are beneficial to society and who do not fall into the above categories.
- To inspire, empower and energize young Cypriots to work to achieve the vision for a peaceful, sustainable and multicultural Cyprus.
- To provide a powerful platform for young people where they express their needs and concerns regarding the future of Cyprus and the world
- To encourage and support young Cypriots to be active citizens.
- Coordination intercultural activities with the ultimate goal of building peace, protecting the environment and protecting human rights.
- The facilitation of relationships such as networking between members belonging to different communities of Cyprus.
- The promotion of requirements young people through various peaceful campaigns such as public relations and lobbying.
- Support and training of members of our local and international networks through exchange of information, experience and ideas.
- To promote and advance the education.
- To promote and advance the arts, literature, theater and sports.
- To promote and advance any other purposes which at times will be deemed as beneficial to society.